Monday, December 27, 2010

Little things count

I am painting my bathroom, and while I love things to look good, I find that I get impatient with the time that it takes to make it perfect, thus I begin looking for ways to cut corners to get it done. I am finding in my quest for a more diligent self disciplined life that I cut corners a lot. I am finding that it takes tons of discipline on my part to finish something once I lose interest or maybe another fun thing comes along. The "new shiny thing" whatever it is, catches my eye and I am distracted and going in a new direction. I have been in the process of learning to be more disciplined for years and rarely does anyone notice that I am falling away from something, but I know it to be true....it's in the little things that I am trying to cut corners...those details that you would not see unless you look super close. Little things DO make a difference. Many undone little things add up to big things, and those big things will overtake you. Every little thing that I do not do, that I know I need to do, or should do, zaps me of much needed energy for other things in my life.
I want my integrity to be solid and my life disciplined as unto the Lord to bring Him glory no matter what I do, especially in those things that no one else sees.....The real character of a man is determined not by what he does when others are looking but what he does when no one is looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment