Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Conscious Surrender

The discipline that has brought the largest change in my life, has been learning to devote my first hour or hours of the day to meet with Almighty God. To sit in His presence and practice letting myself go into HIS hands. I practice surrender here, and look to see His face, to hear His voice and His love and grace for me. It is in this first hours of my day that I am sure of who I am in Him, and sure of His love and acceptance of me. My purpose of these times is to lay down my life in His hands, to see and meet with Him.
How this has changed my life? I long for that time with Him each night before I fall asleep, anxious for that first morning hour. It is our special time, where He speaks to me, where He leads me, where I study of Him, where I am safe and perfectly loved and accepted. It is through those times that I am changed, strengthened and encouraged through the power that He supplies through the living Christ and the Holy Spirit.
I have found that whatever God tells me to do, that He also supplies the power to do it. It is in those moments of just He and I that I am most changed through His word and the power of the Spirit, supplied with the strength to face whatever the day may hold.
It is through surrender to Him that my life and purpose has been found. "Conscious Surrender" every morning of myself to the triune GOD, to be used for His purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment