Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I will to do the right thing, but I end up doing what I do not want to do. I love Romans 7 in that it addresses that we inside ourselves want to do one thing, and yet we end up doing the very thing that we did not want to do. As we come up to New Years and new beginnings, and struggle with the lack of self discipline through the Christmas season of food and more food, I find that I am willing myself not to each so much and to keep with my exercise program, only to end up eating too much and not getting in a good work out. What? what is going on in me? Do you feel as though you are white knuckling it through the season instead of enjoying it all. What is wrong?
Ask yourself.... What is keeping me from doing what I desire to do and disciplining myself the way I usually do?

Disciplines go out the window when we do not make time for them and keep them in the proper priority. Why are you doing what you are doing in the first place? What is motivating you today?

Make one change that will make room again to keep one of your disciplines. What will that change be?

No comments:

Post a Comment